To expedite your check-in process, we need to receive your One Medical Passport registration form prior to your procedure date. If not received, the Pre-Admission Nurse will be contacting you prior to your date of service to help you complete this form. They will also be reviewing your medical history with you and are available for any questions that you may have. The Pre-Admission Department direct line is 239-215-6937.
Also, the business day before your surgery a pre-op nurse will call you to go over your pre-operative instructions, arrival time for your procedure and to answer any questions that you may have regarding your stay at our facility.
If you have not received a call by 4:00PM the day before your surgery or have additional questions regarding scheduling please call us at 239 231-7042.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
The night before your surgery you may eat a light meal before 11:00 p.m. Do not drink or eat anything after midnight—not even coffee or water. You may brush your teeth, remembering not to swallow anything.
Pain patients may have clear liquids –no dairy, cream or fats– six (6) hours prior to your procedure IF you are having sedation.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking/tobacco after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 239-333-2560 as soon as possible.